Ashley Leone, Registered Dietitian
RD, MSc, CDE
Ashley is a Sports Dietitian and Owner of Gazelle Nutrition Lab. Ashley provides nutrition advice and plans to athletes and everyday active people alike. Her goal is to help fuel your inner athlete and put good sense back into eating. Ashley is an enthusiastic and knowledgeable nutrition specialist, and has been a Registered Dietitian for almost 20 years.
Additionally, Ashley acts as the In-House Dietitian for the feel-good B corporation, Lucky Iron Fish, and as the Nutrition Lead for the Transition to Clerkship for University of Toronto medical students.
Ashley has worked at St. Michael’s Hospital, and The University of Toronto, as well as in private clinics. She has worked as nutrition specialist and educator and has published studies in energy needs, body composition, and obesity.
Positive and motivational interviewing is known to support dietary change. Ashley uses these techniques and offers diet analysis and food and hydration planning around exercise.
Above all, Ashley is a sports lover with a background in rowing, track, and cross-country running. An avid runner Ashley has completed several marathons, including Toronto, New York, Boston and Chicago, and many half-marathons, including Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal. At present, Ashley enjoys running and skiing and cheering on the other athletes in her life.
Education and Affiliations
- Bachelor of Science, Human Ecology (Nutrition), The University of Western Ontario.
- Bachelor of Science, Biology, The University of Western Ontario.
- Master of Science, Nutrition (Energy Expenditure), The University of Toronto.
- IOC (International Olympic Committee) Diploma in Sports Nutrition.
- Certified Diabetes Educator (2014).
- ISAK Level 1 certified. ISAK certification ensures skillful body composition testing and analysis.
- College of Dietitians of Ontario member.
- Dietitians of Canada member.
- Sports Nutrition Network member, Dietitians of Canada.
- PINES member (Professionals in Nutrition for Exercise and Sport).