I just love peach season and what better way to celebrate than this super easy dessert. Grilled fruit desserts are a fantastic way to finish off a tasty barbeque meal. Peaches are a favorite, but pears work just as well. You can pair the peaches with any number of toppings, including whipped cream, coconut whipped cream, and ice cream. Let your taste buds lead the way! Have fun with this tasty, casual summer dessert.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 minutes
Total Time: less than 20 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
4 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
1-2 tablespoons of canola oil
½ stick unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup marscapone cheese
Basil, for garnish
- Preheat your grill to medium high and brush with canola oil.
- Place the peaches on a medium warm grill for 4-5 minutes. Flip, and cook until tender (about another 4-5 minutes).
- While peaches are grilling, combine butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the white sugar and vanilla extract into the marscapone cheese.
- When peaches are tender and done, place 2 teaspoons of the butter mixture in the “well” of the cut side of each peach. Once melted, remove peaches from the grill.
- Serve each half peach topped with a dollop of marscapone cheese and garnished with a sprig of basil. Voila!
Nutrient Profile (each peach half)
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Protein: 4 g
Fat: 14 g
Saturated Fat: 9 g
Sodium: 17 mg
Nutritional planning is integral to achieve your optimal athletic performance. Gazelle Nutrition Lab delivers one on one or group nutritional counselling and consulting to both recreational and high-performance athletes. In addition, the Food for thought Recipes is a free resource for healthy recipes and health tips. Have questions? We’d love to hear from you! Get in touch!